Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 6 - Nap 3

Jon's been on my case about posting, so here it is.

I think today was the first time we've both not overslept the 10AM nap, assuming Jon isn't sleeping right now. I don't know if it because Jon took an addition 8AM nap and I had practice beforehand or if we are actually getting better at this. Either way, its a good sign.

It seems we both aren't getting any REM sleep yet, probably because we've been oversleeping too much. But I think with the new 'competition' we've created, it should be easier. And by the way, I won at 10AM, Jon at 6AM.

It seems like Jon has been giving a FAQ of sorts for this experiment and apparently will be giving a list of pros and cons later. I think I'll do something similar and give some advice for
someone who wants to try this in the future. This list will probably grow as we continue on.

Advice for future Uber-people:
  • Find a partner- Like working out, someone else will keep you on track and persistent.
  • Chew gum/eat food - This is one of the easiest ways to stay up and waste extra time. Eating a good meal will cut a good hour out of that block and keep you up too.
  • Don't get bored - Easier said than done. But try to find a game or hobby that will keep you occupied. Or maybe even learn something new! Boredom will lead to thoughts of sleep, which are bad.
  • Be active - You'll find it is really easy to sit around for most of the day. But you should be active and social as much as possible. There will be probably 8 hours a day where no one else is up, so save your alone time for then.
  • Partying - Not recommended. Although seemingly contradictory to the above statement, I am referring specifically to alcohol consumption and late nights. Definitely go to parties, but after some alcohol it is extremely easy to pass out and oversleep. Also, be sure you don't forget a nap because of the party.
  • Don't miss a nap- Although I don't know from experience, I've heard that missing a nap can lead to trouble. Don't do it.
  • Plan Wisely- Before you start this, look at your daily schedule. Is it even possible to segment your life into 6 separate 4 hour blocks? A well planned nap schedule will make it easier not to miss a nap.
Well thats all the advice I can think of right now. If I think of more I'll post it later or just edit this one.

Still waiting for dreams,
-Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment