Monday, February 21, 2011

day 4 nap 0

We've officially finished 3 days. Well, I have...Russell's hit a particularly difficult stumbling block (aka oversleeping by 6 hours). My energy level is not as bad as I expected, I'm feeling a bit more tired than I would otherwise, but not a zombie-like state, as other people have explained. I've also been able to stave off boredom, by doing 251 homework and bananagrams, among other stuff. Other people say I've been moving more slowly and look more tired, but I don't feel that different.

My mind has basically adjusted to this new schedule. I live in 4 hours blocks now, rather than day/night. The night blocks seem to last a lot longer than the day ones, mostly because its dark and everyone else is asleep. Now that I have all this time, it's hard to remember those days when I had such little time to do "activities."

My body hasn't adjusted quite yet. I had a string of 3 straight deep sleeps, but no dreams (as far as I can remember), and I lost the streak on my previous nap. After each of the 3 deep naps, I felt really tired for 30 min after, then fine after that. However, I've been falling asleep much faster than I had before, breathing really slowly and deeply at the beginning of each nap helps a lot.

I've been eating a bit more; I stocked up on chips and snacks for those late nights. However, I'm not craving anything weird, or eating ridiculous amounts.

Speaking of Russell, he came back after a party for his nap and made me wake him up. Upon waking him up (which took a bit of effort), he ran out of our room and disappeared for a good ten to fifteen minutes. I got a little bit worried, so I looked for him. He was taking a shower (random?), then he came back, said "Good luck waking me up!" and went back to sleep. For the next 6 hours. I couldn't wake him up, even when I was yelling at him. After he finally woke up, he had no recollection of showering (he thought I was making it up). To his credit, he's not giving up, and has jumped right back into the schedule. Props.

starting to get really hungry,
-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment